Files are being sorted by Last Modified no matter what.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

THFS

Whenever I try to open something through any program, whether it's Winamp or Notepad, files are automatically sorted by the date they were last modified, instead of alphabetically. I can right click in the area and choose to sort it by name but it automatically goes back to being sorted by last modified next time I try to open a file. However, when in Explorer all my folder view settings are remembered, and I have that option ticked under Folder Options.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

THFS, try this. In the Open/Save dialog box, select detail view. Now click on the 'Name' box. The order should reverse. Now, hold the Ctrl key and click the X in the upper right corner.

moper

THFS

It worked! Thanks very much, I've never heard of anything like that before but it did the trick perfectly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online