1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

files changed to system files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by maliyani, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maliyani

maliyani Thread Starter

hi all

The problem :- 3 weeks ago i had a trojan that changed all my data into system files.

What i did :- i deleted the trogan using nod32 then all my files disapeared. After playing around with my computer i disabled system restore, and changed the following options to my 'view file' in 'folder options'
    • show hidden folders
    • unchecked 'hide extenstions for known file types'
    • unchecked 'hide protected operating system files'

What happened :- i saw all my files but they were hidden and looked like they were system files. Half my data got corruppted so i deleted them, the other half had their normal extentions but i cannot change them to unhidden in the properties section . I tried copying them to another drive, my data got copied but the same format.

Help:- can anyone suggest how i can have normal view type of my files. please

Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!