1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Files Duplicating Themselves

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Malone 123, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malone 123

Malone 123 Thread Starter

Had a problem for the last month with duplicate music being thrown on my MP3 (sansa E250) and in My Library in Rhapsody, worked with the Rhapsody and Sansa people and never could come up with an answer as to why these dups were being generated. Decided to reformat the player and delete all the music files that I had placed on the hard drive ( c drive, Music Folder ) . As I was deleting some of the entries on the C Drive , they started copying themselves. At one time I had eight copies of a single entry ( song). This happen on not all but several files. At least I have now I think I found the culprit of the duplicate entries but I have no idea if this is a operating system issue, a virus, or something else. I have read about other people experiencing this file copying issue but cannot remember where. I doubt its an isolated problem so please advise if anyone else has encountered this, what caused it, and how you resolved the issue. Thanks

2. sto61

sto61

I am having the same problem too.....Files are duplicating 4,5 or 6 times for no reason I can find. Using Windows Media 11 or Real Player to synch the files results in the same thing, although it seems less in Real. My player is a Expoline 1 GB player

3. steelcaress

steelcaress

This is for folks using Rhapsody as their MP3 service.

1. Close Rhapsody.
    2. Open My Computer.
    3. Open the drive letter that Rhapsody is installed on (usually, Local Disk (C)).
    4. Open the Documents and Settings folder.
    5. Open the folder that matches your username.
    6. Open the Application Data folder.
    Note: If you do not see an Application Data folder, it may be hidden. To unhide it:
    - Click Tools, then Folder Options.
    - From the Folder Options window, click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders, and click OK.
    7. Open the Real folder.
    8. Right click the Rhapsody folder and select RENAME.
    9. Rename this folder RhapsodyOLD.
    10. Open Rhapsody and sign back in.
    11. From the Menu bar, select File > Add tracks to My Library.

This was from the Real/Rhapsody forums:
    http://real.lithium.com/real/board/message?board.id=InstallingRhapsody&message.id=19995

Google is my best friend :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!