Files lost in CONFIG folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

willtodie

i accidently dragged some files to the "C:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Documents\Config" and now whenever i click those folders so that i can open them it gives me an error
"C:\Documents and Setting\All Users\Documents\Config\FILES" is not accessible
Access Denied

it also tell me that the FOLDER is EMPTY

what's worst is that it's still taking space from my drive :(
i dont know if there's a way that i can recover those files or at least delete the folder(which doesn't let me do since i don't have any access to them)

thank you in advance

oh, im running a WINDOWS XP (home) system

willtodie

i tried that but it didn't work :(
i have Administrative rights.

but i don't know if it that matters because it tells me that the Folder is Empty.

Do the permissions change as they should?

You could try MoveOnBoot, though this may still present a permissions problem. Do you have any access from the Admin account?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online