1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Files Missing from "My Music" folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by leeh1987, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leeh1987

leeh1987 Thread Starter

Hi

I have windows XP home edition.

I recently loaded up my itunes and tried to play i beatles song i loaded on a while back. However i got an error saying "file cannot be located"

I then went into my "my music" folder and then to the "beatles" folder. Once in the folder no files where shown. I then looked at the Beatles folder properties and it said there where 22 files in it. This has happened to all my music folder. Please help. This is years and 100's of pound worth of music gone!!

Regards Lee

2. Sponsor

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Make sure the files are not hidden. Unhide them through Folder Options.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

How did you "load up" iTunes? Did you try to restore a library from another computer? A previous install?

5. leeh1987

leeh1987 Thread Starter

yeh i have already tried unhiding the files but that did not work. I loaded up itunes in the way i normally do by clicking the shortcut on my toolbar on the bottom of my screen.

When it opened pretty much 90% of the songs i clicked on came up with an error quoting "itunes cannot find destination folder search for folder now"

When trying to locate the files though evertime i went into my music folder the files where not there although the folder properties says they where.

Essentially it is saying that i have 4 GB of music that i cannot access at all.

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

XP Home or Media Center? Which service pack?
    RIGHT click "my computer" . Left click "properties".

Where is iTunes looking?

Are the music files [ .mp3 perhaps ] on your HDD? If so, what is the path?
    C:\docs & settings\< user name >\My Docs\My Music?

Moving your iTunes library requires more than simply copying & pasting the music files.

RF123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!