Files need for reformating missing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wolfwood25

I had a problem in the past with my computer. When i tried to reformat it said there was missing files. So i recovered my computer. But now i can't reformat anymore cause when i recovered my computer, it deleted the files needed for reformating. I was wondering if there is a way to get those files back so i can reformat again instead of having to recover.

can you start that again?

What "files were missing "and how were you trying to format"?

Reformatting means all data is lost on the HDD, so the formatting operation will never (and cannot) rely on any files on the HDD for formatting.

Step by step with computer type, Windows version, what you did, what CD's or disks you have etc would be needed here.

wolfwood25

I had a problem with my computer in the past. So i tried formatting the computer. So i inserted the application & support CD. But then it showed a screen saying certain files were missing and said i can't format. My computer is a Medion XP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online