Files not writing properly to HDD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CivilCivil

Good People,

I seem to be having an issue in Vista that I can't find anywhere (I searched and couldn't find it, please link it if I missed it). Files don't seem to be writing properly to my HDD when I download them. For example, I bought MS Money and downloaded it from their website. When I tried to open it I was told the CAB file was corrupt. I tried re-downloading several times and received the same error. So I went to my laptop (which runs XP) and downloaded the exact same file, transferred it to a flash drive and copied it to my Vista machine. I was able to install it no problem. So I've been doing this for a lot of other applications that seem to get "corrupted" when downloading to my HDD.

Additionally when I tried using a newsreader any binaries I tried downloading were corrupted as well. I would say it was my machine but this is the second one I'm having the exact same issue with. I'm about to give away my laptop and would rather not have to borrow it back every time I wanted to download a new program. Any suggestions out there? My computer specs if they'll help:

HP Pavilion a6152n
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
3 GB RAM
400 GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (320 MB)

TIA

There is more than one reason that could make this possible.

- Try to cleanup your browser and delete your temporary files.

- Try to download file manager software go to --> freewarefiles.com and look for download manager which can make your download much faster and more efficient.

- Try to disable your Antivirus and download the file again.

CivilCivil

a_kamal said:
There is more than one reason that could make this possible.

- Try to cleanup your browser and delete your temporary files.

- Try to download file manager software go to --> freewarefiles.com and look for download manager which can make your download much faster and more efficient.

- Try to disable your Antivirus and download the file again.
I have tried suggestions #1 & 3 you gave, but didn't try the download manager route. I'll give it a try. Still, it seems to me that this is "fixable" without adding another program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts