Files Refuse everything :CONFUSED:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

0vermind

Hello,
Okay I have two hard-drvies both with OS's both with XP SP2. I do lots of images work and stuff on one harddrive and the other for programing.

On my Second System (the one I use for Imaging) it has a problem. There are about 8 images on the other hard-drive and I need to access so I try to copy them over.. doesn't work I go on to my first system (programming system) and I copy the files over to second system.

I get on the second and I still can't view, copy, rename, or move. So I grab one of the images (first system, programming) and put it on the other harddrive and rename it to "123450789" and get on the second system (imaging system) and FINILLY I SEE IT.

I get this error message when trying to copy those certain files...
Windows XP (Second System said:
Cannot copy Windows Grass: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
And NO the files are not in use and NO there not write-protected and NO the disk is not full.

I hope someoen can give me ideas on this one I tried everything from rebooting to everything possible and my computer is virus free!!

I'm confused on this one totally!! :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or anything,
Michael

Attachments

0vermind

BUMP

Plzzz this is driving me nuts!! Anyone at all, have any ideas or suggestions???

Make sure the directory in which the files are located is a shared directory, or XP will deny access with that message.

That means if you are logged onto the OS that "owns" the directories you could copy it outwards, but not get access if you are operating on the other OS drive.

Thats normal behaviour for Windows 2k and XP, its called "security".

0vermind

I know what it's called. What confuses me is that even when I copy the files directly on the harddrive and then use the OS's HardDrive it wont' read and it's only some files and not all.

In the picture folder or the pic itself, right click, go to properties and see if it is set to read only.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online