1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

files replicating after closing in word???

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by miffed, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miffed

miffed Thread Starter

i sent an email to a mate an his virus killer spasticated and deleted the email - i have updated my virus killer and ran it but i have not found any malicious files but freind are saying that a virus is being sent to them by me??? the files ive noticed are replicated file names with vb encoding in them - one of them is this :- ~$lbum 9 and the code is this

slider s l i d e r w h o c a r e s \ this is in vb code with the square code inbetween the text. is this the virus that is doing this or is it just apart of windows the file size is 4kb im lost as ive had 2 viruses and a worm and a trojan which i got rid of by dumping my hard drives as my norton wouldnt update - ive deleted norton ran every on line scanner imaginable and put avg on manually updated and ran full check up - avg will not update automatically - i get an error saying not connected to the internet manually update by openein your browser....

help me get some sense into this please as im still sending virus by mail ?????????? - oh i deleted my pagefile sys as well as it was 1.5gig lol

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

More than likely your system is in fact clean.

The reason people get e-mails like that is because there are worms out there like Klez which use "e-mail address spoofing", which means it has got your e-mail address off someone elses Address Book and is pretending it is coming from you.

If he is getting that message when you do in fact send him an e-mail, is his virus detector saying what virus was detected?

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Miffed sent me this PM:

Your startuplist as posted in this thread looks clean to me also.

http://forums.techguy.org/t118264/s.html

Miffed: since we can't see any visible virus issue here and you have done so much scanning, I am going to move your topic to the Business Applications forum where those more familiar with Word might be able to understand what you are seeing and suggest what to do or whether to ignore it..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice