Files with .exe will not load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LA_Uselton

I am trying to update and fix a computer for my partner. I am not the best with computers, but not stupid either. I have loaded all of the microsoft service packs, updates, and patch that I was instructed to load from microsoft update. Now when I try and open any file or program with .exe a message box appears asking me to choose the program i want to us to open this file. Can anyone help me fix this problem? I have trend pc-chillin as my virus protection, i have found worms on this computer and when i try to run trend to fix the problems i also receive the same box, of course because it is a .exe file. So please help ASAP. I don't know what to do

thanks Laura

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Start by trying this fix.

Download Kellys Exe Fix

It is a REG file. Select it and double click to merge it into the registry.

If this works, immediately run a virus scan to confirm you are clean. This error generally occurs after a virus has been removed, but the registry entries have not been corrected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online