1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Files with invisible filenames when viewed as thumbnails

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xangel, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xangel

Xangel Thread Starter

Hi. I have a problemic glitch for a specific folder. This folder is called "Alicia Keys" and has two albums (folders) inside it "Song in A Minor" and "The Dairy of Alicia Keys". The glitch that I am refering to is when I viewed the two albums as thumbnails their filenames become invisible. Sure the usual performances occur, you can rename, delete and add folders, but every file inside "Alicia Keys" will have a invisible name.

What is strange is the fact that this only occurs for the folder with this exact same path. C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\My Documents\My Music\Alicia Keys
    I renamed that "Alicia Keys" to something else for eg. "Alicia Keys2" and the problem wasn't there - both albums revealed their filenames when viewed as thumbnails. I created another "Alicia Keys" and created a new folder inside it and the problem is the same. The new created folder does not reveal its filename (when viewed as a thumbnail as you should know). Completely invisible. This is really strange for me and I assume something in the registry has done this; just something for this exact same folder.

Now i want to fix this problem because at the moment I'm organizing My Music with the proper format I want when viewing these folders with details and thumbnail views and whatever. Alicia Keys Certainly has become a real bother. Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

2. moper

moper

If you are referring to Thumbnail view in Windows Explorer, try this.
    With thumbnails (with no name) shown in right pane, click 'View', 'Details'. Now hold down the Shift key while clicking 'View', 'Thumbnails'.

moper

3. Xangel

Xangel Thread Starter

Errrr........ wth!? :eek: omg it worked! Thank you moper. So that's what I did to it. lol. Anyways theres always a simple solution to a simple problem. Bye bye.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice