1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Filesharing software to recommend, anybody?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BlackHorseman, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackHorseman

BlackHorseman Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm tired of Kaza, Kazalite and all that merry bunch. I have the new version of Kazalite (2.0.2) and it makes my HD work non stop.

Can anybody recommend a decent filesharing prog?

Daniel.

2. Dark Star

Dark Star

3. $teve

$teve

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

WinMX is great-but know they will all have to work your hard drive pretty hard.

5. stu37

stu37

6. Flrman1

Flrman1

I doubt if you are going to find a P2P filesharing program as good as Kazaalite. As far as it working your hard drive do you leave it running even when you are not downloading anything? If you are that is really slowing your system down as people are uploading from you while it is running. You should go to Tools/options/traffic and limit the number of simultaneous uploads. I have mine set to 3 and even with that I can see a significant decrease in the performance of my PC and I have a pretty fast system.

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Imesh contains spyware. I think emule does also-but im not sure.

8. $teve

$teve

nope brendon,emule is clean;)

9. $teve

$teve

10. stu37

stu37

hi Steve, how do you get a valid server list on emule? thanks
    bob

11. djrobber

djrobber

for regular Kazaa users running XP pro, right click the taskbar to bring up task manager, click on 'processes', then right click Kazaa.exe and change it's priority to 'below normal' to regain your processor and memory power from kazaa.

12. boadie

boadie

wanted to try kazaalite ,went to the site steve suggested,and clicked on kazaalite,and a page with kazaa media desktop came up. would this be the same as kazaalite,only an updated version?

13. BlackHorseman

BlackHorseman Thread Starter

Hi,

I think 'Media Desktop' is how Kaza (any Russian speakers in here?) and maybe also Kaza Lite define their software.

And, though this discussion is turning to be quite informative, I think I posted the question at the top merely out of hardware-histeria. My HD was working non-stop, but I was downloading, like, 20 files at the time, at a total speed of about 60KB...

Whatever happened to caching...
    Oh, I'll stop.
    Daniel.

14. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You didnt click the right link then. It also has 1 to regular Kazaa.

15. averil

averil

I downloaded winmx, and tried downloading a song, and it is so slow downloading. not at all like imesh. Does anyone else find winmx slow?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice