1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Film and Slide Scanner problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by LeighWillaston, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeighWillaston

LeighWillaston Thread Starter

I have purchased and installed an OTEK Film Scanner, which is identical to the VuPoint model.

When I attempt to acquire an image in Photo Impression, I get an error message "OVT Source Eror - genneral failure in transfer bad info. header info. Bad value error"

How do I get past this error message and begin to acquire images?

Thanks

LeighWillaston

2. slipe

slipe

You most likely installed a TWAIN driver for the scanner. It is probably listed in your programs under an OTEK listing. You can normally scan directly from the scanner driver. Opening the scanner software will usually tell you if it is not detecting the scanner.

If you can scan directly from the scanner software the problem is with Photo Impressions. There is often a “Select TWAIN source” under the program file menu. See if you can select the OTEK source there.

There is a good chance the scanner isn’t being seen. First make sure you installed the OTEK software per instructions – ie connected the scanner before or after installing the software. Most scanner software has a trouble shooting screen that appears if it can’t find the scanner. You might try removing the scanner program in Control Panel and reinstalling according to your startup guide.

If OTEK doesn’t have a support web page you might look for some troubleshooting hints from VuScan.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice