Film and Slide Scanner problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LeighWillaston

I have purchased and installed an OTEK Film Scanner, which is identical to the VuPoint model.

When I attempt to acquire an image in Photo Impression, I get an error message "OVT Source Eror - genneral failure in transfer bad info. header info. Bad value error"

How do I get past this error message and begin to acquire images?

Thanks

LeighWillaston

You most likely installed a TWAIN driver for the scanner. It is probably listed in your programs under an OTEK listing. You can normally scan directly from the scanner driver. Opening the scanner software will usually tell you if it is not detecting the scanner.

If you can scan directly from the scanner software the problem is with Photo Impressions. There is often a “Select TWAIN source” under the program file menu. See if you can select the OTEK source there.

There is a good chance the scanner isn’t being seen. First make sure you installed the OTEK software per instructions – ie connected the scanner before or after installing the software. Most scanner software has a trouble shooting screen that appears if it can’t find the scanner. You might try removing the scanner program in Control Panel and reinstalling according to your startup guide.

If OTEK doesn’t have a support web page you might look for some troubleshooting hints from VuScan.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online