1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy 11

Discussion in 'Games' started by jemsmck, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jemsmck

jemsmck Thread Starter

I have recently reinstalled final fantasy 11 online ton the same computer to which it was installed 5 months ago. When I try to connect, I gt the error FFXI-3100 "cannot connect to lobby server". I contacted SE and they told me to contact my ISP (Comcast) and have them unblock the ports. So I called Comcast and they said they are not blocking any ports (which makes sense because I was able to play the game four months ago with same ISP). So i recontacted SE support and they said to try uninstalling the anti virus. I did that and still had no luck connecting. So then I power cycled the Modem and afterwards, I still couldn't connect. I am wondering is anyone has any ideas before I give up altogether. Any help would be awesome. thank you!

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

What firewall are you using ?

3. jemsmck

jemsmck Thread Starter

Currently I have it disabled but it is the normal Windows Firewall. I have no router connected either. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

4. freewardeluxe

freewardeluxe

please check of other online games or ie is not working... if its only the game, you might have done something to disable its connectivity, if ie is also not working, you have problem with your computer, router or firewall.
    Cheers

5. jemsmck

jemsmck Thread Starter

My Internet Explorer works just fine. And I can play Warhammer Online. i have not changed any settings (besides disabling the firewall) since I've had my computer.

6. jemsmck

jemsmck Thread Starter

Any other opinions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. olivemoil

olivemoil

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!