1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

final fantasy 14 installation problem on windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by chadsanova, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chadsanova

chadsanova Thread Starter

OK, i just got FinalFantasy 14 and when i go to install it it tells me i need to upgrade windows vista service pack 3.......i have windows 7 .why is it telling me that...it wont let me go any further.please help

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    what version of Windows 7 do you have

3. pigskin08

pigskin08

I am also having similar issues installing ff xiv... it asks me to install windows vista sp2... but running windows 7 ultimate... and ideas? much appriciated... the people a square are idiots...

4. bloodstomper

bloodstomper

Seeing no one had answered this post and when I was looking I found this post so I would like to share the fix for anyone else looking ;)

Fix:
    1. Browse to the DVD in Windows Explorer
    2. Right click ffxivsetup.exe and click Properties
    3. On the Compatibility tab, uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (if you can't uncheck it, you probably need to click "Change settings for all users" at the bottom of the same dialog)
    4. Reinstall normally

Happy Gaming

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It would help if the original poster replied ;)

6. pigskin08

pigskin08

thanks for the help! that totally worked... maybe you should talk to square-enix... lol

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice