final fantasy 14 installation problem on windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chadsanova

OK, i just got FinalFantasy 14 and when i go to install it it tells me i need to upgrade windows vista service pack 3.......i have windows 7 .why is it telling me that...it wont let me go any further.please help

I am also having similar issues installing ff xiv... it asks me to install windows vista sp2... but running windows 7 ultimate... and ideas? much appriciated... the people a square are idiots...

Seeing no one had answered this post and when I was looking I found this post so I would like to share the fix for anyone else looking ;)

Fix:
1. Browse to the DVD in Windows Explorer
2. Right click ffxivsetup.exe and click Properties
3. On the Compatibility tab, uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (if you can't uncheck it, you probably need to click "Change settings for all users" at the bottom of the same dialog)
4. Reinstall normally

Happy Gaming

Couriant

James
Seeing no one had answered this post and when I was looking I found this post so I would like to share the fix for anyone else looking ;)

Fix:
1. Browse to the DVD in Windows Explorer
2. Right click ffxivsetup.exe and click Properties
3. On the Compatibility tab, uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" (if you can't uncheck it, you probably need to click "Change settings for all users" at the bottom of the same dialog)
4. Reinstall normally

Happy Gaming
It would help if the original poster replied ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online