1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final fantasy 14

Discussion in 'Games' started by sexnage, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sexnage

sexnage Thread Starter

Hi there, I need advice. I have 2 kids and they both have laptops. I bought them the game Final Fantasy 14 ( what a pain). The game installed with no probelm. The problem is running the game. Its so slow and its like playing in slow motion. Meaning that the characters moves so slow, at least 10 secods after the key has been pressed. My opinion is that probably the processor in the laptops might be causing the slow down.

Laptop number one description:
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32bits
    Hp Pavillion DV6700
    Processor: Intel Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU [email protected]
    memory: 3gb

Laptop number 2 description:
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bits
    Compaq Pressario CQ60 Notebook
    Processor: AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-32 2.00 Ghz
    Memory : 2.00GB

I have done all the updates, video card, windows, and directX and the problem persists. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you much

Jaime

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

The minimum system requirements for Final Fantasy 14 are as follows:

Operating System
    Windows® XP SP3
    Windows® Vista(32-bit / 64-bit)SP2
    Windows® 7(32-bit / 64-bit

CPU
    Intel® Core 2TM Duo (2.0 GHz)
    AMD AthlonTM X2 (2.0 GHz)

RAM
    Windows® XP: 1.5 GB or higher
    Windows® Vista / Windows® 7: 2 GB or higher

HDD/SSD Space
    Installing: 15 GB or more
    Downloading: Space on the hard drive where My Documents is located should be 6GB or more

Graphics Card
    512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600 series or higher
    512MB ATI RadeonTM HD 2900 Series or higher

Sound Card
    DirectSound® compatible sound card (DirectX® 9.0 or higher)

Internet Connection
    Broadband Internet connection or higher

Screen Resolution
    1280 x 720 or higher; 32-bit
    DirectX
    DirectX® 9.0c

Others
    Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad

Final Fantasy XIV System Requirements and Recommended In-Game Settings for online play posted at Square Enix - http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/recom/na/pc.html

3. sexnage

sexnage Thread Starter

Hi there, thank you very mich for the quick response. I checked both laptops and I can see base on the requierements that the video card is in fact on both Nvidia Geforce but one is 8200Mh and the other is 8400Mg. If this is the problem, how do I upgraded the video card on those laptops???? please advice.
    thank you

Jaime

4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

I don't know nothing about those laptops you have but most laptops the video is on board and unchangeable.

5. Markie0425

Markie0425

Can i ask for help too under this post? I'm not sure if i should post a same problem with same title..

Anyways, i installed the game perfectly fine, and similar to sexnage issue, mine is having like 1-2 sec delay issue.
    I have a tower and compare to my friends laptop, asus with ati radeon 5730 and a max setting of video graphics, his isn't lagging at all.

Tower Description:
    Windows 7 64 bit.
    Intel core i7 920
    8gb of Ram
    Raid 0 Velociraptors
    Nvidia gtx 295.

6. sexnage

sexnage Thread Starter

Markie what is your processor??? to be able to play FF14, you need minimum of 2.0Ghz processor.

The other issue could be a program running on the background, like a malware software, and if you have norton as an antivirus, then it might be cause by it. Norton in some cases if not on most cases slows down a pc. Just an idea of what the issue might be.

Jaime

7. sexnage

sexnage Thread Starter

One way you can play these games like FF14 and sometimes you still getting some issues is with an AlienWare. Those are gaming laptops but still is not 100% perfect. Try a desktop with a good video card and a good processor and you will be all set.

jaime

8. DerekC

DerekC

Don't forget, the game was just released. Give SquareEnix a bit to get their servers in order and patch all the defects they find.

9. Marius91

Marius91

Hi, I have a Alienware m17x laptop and can easily run this on max settings but the game won't launch at all... not even the updater.. it just keeps telling me that "final fantasy stopped working" and then it's shut down.. can anyone help me with this problem? tried to reinstall but the problem persists

10. nuggets120

nuggets120

my ffxiv wont install i keep getting a message "NTFS-Formated drive with Documents and Settings is unavailable installation is canceled" what does this mean?

11. Micromac

Micromac

Marius91, i have the exact same problem as you =<

12. Markie0425

Markie0425

I have over 2.0 ghz... I found out the problem is Nvidia card, it looks like ffxiv is having problem with nvidia cards. They need to release a new driver for nvidia soon =(

13. Micromac

Micromac

After reading through the booklet about 17 times and scratching my head i figured that the book was telling me i HAD to have an online account with SQ-E to play the game, so figured i might be able to get it working if i registerd the code on the site -.-

Doesn't work... so now i'm subscribed and the days are ticking away and i still can't get the game to work =<

Tried un-installing it again and re-installing it agian as Admin, no use.

14. Markie0425

Markie0425

What was ur issue anyway? You can't play because u don't have an SE account? or is it because it goes error and shuts down? did u try right click + run as admin?

15. EndeffectSNK

EndeffectSNK

yeah i have the same problem... when i try to run FF14 it tell me that the game has stopped working. and that a problem caused the game to stop working correctly, windows will close the game now and notify you if there are availabe solutions.... so i just click the "close program button" and bam... thats it. theres been a few cases where i actually got to the menu screen and chose to watch the intro movie and actually saw the whole intro video... but shortly after i was hit yet again with that not working correctly thing... ive re-installed numerous time and setted my windows setting for best performance did driver updates etc.. etc.. and yet still nothing...... any advise is appreciated.. very appreciated !!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!