1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

final fantasy 7 pc

Discussion in 'Games' started by martin1982, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. martin1982

martin1982 Thread Starter

hi all
    i am new here. i bough final fantasy 7 for pc on ebay. i pay a lot. i dont know a lot on laptop on comptuter but i try to install the game its a windows 95 compatible system
    and i can give more detail if needed. but anyway, :( it doesn run. i look on google and many sugest a patch or stuff like that, others said that patch does not help.
    how can i run this game on my laptop?
    i really really like this game :( i wanna try to play but cant find any answer to solve my probleme. if anyone knows a lot about stuff like that and could help me, it would be so much appreciate.
    thx for understanding.
    mart

2. CameronW

CameronW

What OS are you runing currently?

3. Beef246

Beef246

Have you tried to run it in compatibility mode?

If you right click the executable file and got to properties and then go to the compatibility tab.

Within this tab, there should be a checkbox that states Run this program in compatibility mode for:, check this box and then within the the drop box select Windows 95.

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Chances are pretty small that it will run on Windows 95 at all, ever.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Actually the game game out in 1998... here is the requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
    Windows 95 compatible system
    Intel Pentium 133 (recommended Pentium 200)
    4MB Video Card (8MB 3D accelerator recommended)
    32MB RAM
    4x CD-ROM
    DirectX 5.0 compatible sound card (AWE64 or XG-MIDI compatible recommended

However it would probably be better and cheaper to get a PS One and the game...

Anyways, you are on a Windows 7 64bit system... I don't think you can get that working on that without compatibility mode...

6. wiley8425

wiley8425

Actually I don't think it will work even with compatibility mode. The game had issues running under 98 even. (Horribly coded port.) Best bet is probably an emulator like Virtual PC.

If you have a PS3 or a PSP you can get the game on PSN for less than $10 if that ever decides to come back up.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    :) PSN did come back up and indeed the port was really bad... same for FF8. The only problem with Virtual PC is that it won't like having a 'virtual GPU'... at least I have never got a game to work in VPC. Only DOSBOX and old DOS games I can get to work.

8. wiley8425

wiley8425

Well maybe not Virtual PC. Virtualbox seems to work pretty good though. And it's free. Kind of a pain in the butt to get it up and running though.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!