1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy 7 Video card issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fastlane247, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi all i finaly found a copy of final fatasy 7 and when i put it on and go into config on it it will not let me use hardware rendering unless i have an nvidia graphics card. Also i can only have it set to 600x400 resolution at 16bpp which makes the game look really crapy... i have an ati card anyone know if there is a patch i can get or a fix for this that would be awsome. Thanks

2. Akito

Akito

What really sucks is that the PC copy of FFVII is basically worthless. If you can afford it, return the copy, but a cheap used PS1 and a used copy of FFVII. I might be able to help you tweak it, however, Send me a PM.

Supported Graphics Cards by FFVII PC:
    # Voodoo
    # 3Dfx Voodoo2
    # 3Dfx Voodoo Rush
    # 3Dlabs Permedia2
    # ATI Rage Pro
    # Intel I740
    # Matrox G200

3. canuckmeiste

canuckmeiste

I have the same issue as you: bought the game in the good old days when I had a Voodoo card, pulled it out of storage yesterday to play, and found that my Radeon doesn't work with it! I have the All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 (a TV tuner version of the Radeon card at 64MB), and the same issue. I found your post here when I was searching for a solution, but moved on to another forum on the web. I found this on another forum. Haven't tried it yet myself as I'm about to go to bed, but thought you might appreciate at least the hope for a solution. Let me know if it worked for you. I hope it works for me (I don't know what "AA" and "AF" are, do you?):

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by ViperGTR
    Is there a graphics fix for ATi ?? I have a Radeon 9000 Pro but I can not play with the hardware render, only the software and it looks like crap Can someone help me plz

Because Radeon series do not support 8-bit paletted textures, you need to download Eidos' TNT patch, then apply ff7config1.02 and ff7.exe from the patch.

With ff7config1.02, you can set d3d hardware acceleratioon by checking "NVIDIA" and "TNT".

However, AA and AF will cause graphical glitches, so you have to disable AA and AF."

Reply:

thanks Halohalo, it works now and looks very nice with the high-quality cloud in battle"

4. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Yes aa is antialising and af is anastropic filtering (may not be spelled correct) they are filters for your video card to make it look more clear without all the jagged edges. They do slow down your video card alot by using them but it makes the games look alot better

5. canuckmeiste

canuckmeiste

Thanks, Fastlane.

I'd since figured that out. Anyway, my card doesn't let me "turn them off", but it does allow me to tick the boxes on each that say "application preference", which I presume gives the effect of turning them off, because the game works OK now.

I wish I could clean it up a little bit, but when I do, it starts getting lines and artifacts that I can't correct, and I have to reinstall the game.

Anyway, I must say that this solution is a great and vast improvement over software rendering none the less (i.e. even with AA and AF off).

Take care. Hope this worked for you too.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice