1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

final fantasy 8 pc woes

Discussion in 'Games' started by daves01902, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daves01902

daves01902 Thread Starter

I bought final fantasy 8 for pc when it first came out. It never worked right on my compter. Back then, I had a piece of junk pc. Now, my comp is nice, and I just found my FF8. I installed it. Its asking for disk 1. I put disk 1 in the drive, but it says "Caution, wrong disk". I tried putting every disk in, I even tried putting every disk in both of my cd drives, but still nothing. I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled, still, the same thing. Now, this is NOT a warez/pirate copy of the game. Its the real deal. I still have the game box, for pete's sake. None of the disks are in bad shape. Anyways, is there something I can do about this?
    Any help is appreciated!
    D

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

once its intalled it asks you to insert the cd. If thats the case just go download the official patch and install it for your game. Then go download and install a nocd hack. That should fix it asking for a cd.

3. daves01902

I did try a no-cd patch, it didn't work,but I didn't have the official patch. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

4. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

what you will need is to completely remove it. isntall it again, go run the official patch. and get the nocd patch for the version you are using.

5. daves01902

I have an Nvidia video card, so I need the nvidia patch, correct?
    I do have a no-cd patch, the only one I've found is one from "inferno".
    In the readme for the patch, it says to copy the files Disc1.pak, Disk1, Disc2.pak, Disk2, Disc3.pak,Disk3, Disc4ger.pak, Disk4 to the rootdirectory of FF8. Then copy some other files, as well.
    Now, I've done all this. When I go to apply the no cd patch, it says "the size of the file you selected doesn't match"...Can someone tell me if I'm using the wrong no cd patch?
    Thanks
    D

6. daves01902

ok, got the latest patch, still doesn't work. I don't know what to do here..

7. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

8. daves01902

YES!
    that did it. You guy are the best.
    Thanks alot!
    D

9. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

You're welcome.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!