1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy 8 problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by gmanakagon, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gmanakagon

gmanakagon Thread Starter

I am very sorry to post this... I know its so old the game that it might be hard to know how it would work but i want to ask the help of who ever can.

I have a Final Fantasy 8 original CD case with all 4 discs, the case is from PcGAMES, and when i put the CD inside my laptop the CD opens but the largest file ,401.616KB, is a PAK file wich i canot find anything to open it with. this is refering to CD1.
    All CD's have a file called disckX.PAK with around 401.616KB, a file called DiskX and its type is "File" but i have nothing to open it its 2bytes in size, and 3 files called Field and extentions are fi/fs/fl .
    CD4 has beside all those writen before, also has the file field2.fs
    Note: the files are named in exact same way as they are in CD's and the "X" refers to the CD numbers for isntance disck1 for CD1 / disck2 for CD2 ...

I would like to know if anyone have any idea how it works and how i can put the game working. For the record i do not have my game manual. My operating system is Windows 7 and I have 1.5 GB ram, its a Compaq 615 all stock except ram.
    The game requirements are windows 95/98
    pentium II 266 MHz
    64 MB ram
    16MB 3d graphic accelerator
    8x CD-ROM
    direct x 6.1

I would be glad if someone could help me understand how to put this working. I dont know wat to use to read PAK files either ... 1st time i ever saw them actualy ... Im sry to bodder u.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You could barely get it to run on the recommended OS.

I have FF8, and you should have 5 CDs I think, depending. (mine are original from Squaresoft). 4 discs are install discs, the last one is a play disc. On the first disc, there should be a setup.exe file. You would want to run that file in Windows XP compatibility mode.

Note: it may be 3 install discs and a play disc.

3. gmanakagon

gmanakagon Thread Starter

maybe 3 install and 1 pllay but still i dnt have no file called setup.exe :'( maybe someone wrecked the files inside :/ tnks anyway

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    my concern is that the CDs themselves are not the original ones. I would have to look at my CDs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!