1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy VII PC Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by RaziCybele, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RaziCybele

RaziCybele Thread Starter

I finally got a hold of the PC version of FFVII, downloaded the 1.02 patch, the TrueMotion 2.0 codec, the chocobo patch, everything(!), and then when I get to playing the game looks like the picture below. Anyone know how to fix that?

Attached Files:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    are you still using the iso files or you purchased the game?

3. RaziCybele

RaziCybele Thread Starter

I'm not using the iso files anymore because I was given my own set of discs for Christmas this year!! :)

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK. What that picture shows is a graphic issue. Since you are using Windows 7, I would assume a compatiblity issue.

To change compatibility settings manually, this is how you would do so.

To change compatibility settings manually for a program, right-click the program icon, click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab.

These are the settings you would want to try

Compatibility mode
    Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows. I would recommend Windows XP. If Windows 98 is an option use that.

Run in 640 × 480 screen resolution
    Runs the program in a smaller-sized window. Try this setting if the graphical user interface appears jagged or is rendered improperly.

Disable visual themes
    Disables themes on the program. Try this setting if you notice problems with the menus or buttons on the title bar of the program.

Disable desktop composition
    Turns off transparency and other advanced display features. Choose this setting if window movement appears erratic or you notice other display problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!