1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy VII PC Setback!?!

Discussion in 'Games' started by damo19uk, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. damo19uk

damo19uk Thread Starter

i recently bought Final Fantasy VII for the pc. iv been playing it all week and i got as far as "Boss Fight: Reno Of The Turks" after i killed the boss i was sent back to Aeris House and was meant to have gone to Don Corneo's Mantion agen but for sum reason the game would not let me through into Sector 6 to get back to Don Mantion but instead the game has set me back to "The Flower Girl" (where u first meet Aeris) basically the part of the game where u are in the church and you must knock the barrels off the beams to land on the enemy that is chasing Aeris... Anyway i was just wondering if anybody had ever experianced the same problem with FF7 and if so how did you fix the problem?

2. damo19uk

damo19uk Thread Starter

if this was not clear enough... basically im going in circles doing the same part of the game over and over

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    at what section does it not let you through?

4. FERGUS_MANERGUS

FERGUS_MANERGUS

FF7 has MANY bugs on XP. There is a patch but it dosn't work too well. The console version is WAY better but is almost impossible to get.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    just as well I have mine :D

Wonder how much I can sell it for... :D

6. damo19uk

damo19uk Thread Starter

Is there any chance you could give me a link for the FF7 XP Patch please?

Thanks

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    So is the game resetting to the same point or are you lost? Because I remember I was stuck in that area for a while before I reliased where I had to go.

8. damo19uk

damo19uk Thread Starter

its definatly restarting itself because i have a walkthrough that tells me exactly where to go and iv followed the instructions perfectly through out. thats why i cant understand why it keeps sending me back. i thought it may have been because i had missed a crusial item during game play but i havnt.

Also if it helps i have the Final Fantasy VII Ultima Edition (I dnt think theres any difference thou)

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    from what i remember of that part:

* After reno boss, you would be in the playground
    * gone to aries house
    * go to Wall Market to buy stuff
    * go to the shop in top right to buy batteries so you can go to Shinra HQ.

You don't go to the Mansion again.

10. FERGUS_MANERGUS

FERGUS_MANERGUS

Google is your friend! ;)

11. damo19uk

damo19uk Thread Starter

i have put a link of a print screen from where the game messes up, it wont let me back through into sector 6 to go back to wall market and iv been in every house and shop etc looking for something i mite have missed but i couldnt find anything so i went back to the church n then i had to start the same part called The Flower Girl in the official guide book. Which is basically the part where you throw barrels at the enemys chasing aeris.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=1591002617&PhotoAlbumId=4899693837&PhotoId=4899701818

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    go to Aeris house (not the church) and I do believe going upstairs will cause a cutscene.

13. damo19uk

damo19uk Thread Starter

thats the thing though, iv tryed that... i even went to sleep in Aeris house but no cut scene comes on, also i have just noticed before i went to the church i had Barret and Tifa in my party but as soon as i step into the church they disappear from my party.

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    have you tried talking to the mother?

15. aceace

aceace

dude im stuck in the same part.. did u figure out how to get past this?... im having the same exact problem i would hate to have to restart the game

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!