1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy VII

Discussion in 'Games' started by bkatz540, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Hi ppl!

I am a big fan of all FF/Squaresoft games, and I have most of the games. There is one that I havnt been able to find though: FF7 for the PC. I have 2 questions, 1. Will this game work on win xp pro, and 2. Does any1 know where i can get this(I have heard its very rare nowadays)?

ty 4 ur help,
    Ben(y) (y) :D

2. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

it will work but wont support ure graphic card and its exactly the same story as the ps1 version

you can it somewhere on the internet

3. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Ok ty! If it doesnt support my gfx card, will i have 2 use software rendering? (i hope i dont b/c software is slow as hell):mad:

ty,
    Ben(y) (y) :D

oh, also i dont hav the psone version of ff7, forgot 2 mention

4. McTimson

McTimson

Minimum System Requirements:
    Windows 95 compatible system
    DirectX 5.0
    Intel Pentium 133 (recommended Pentium 200)
    4 megs Video Card (8 megs 3D accelerator recommended)
    32 megs of RAM
    4x CD-ROM
    DirectX 5.0 compatible sound card (AWE64 or XG-MIDI compatible recommended)

I would think that yhe Radeon 7500 beats that...unless it's got some weird glitch with newer cards?

5. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

mctimson, ya i think there is a glitch. I recently tried the demo and it didnt reconize my card................. maybe if i get a patch or something...............

:confused:

6. McTimson

McTimson

Yea, there's an XP patch for the game, look here.

7. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

Mctimison said "I would think that yhe Radeon 7500 beats that...unless it's got some weird glitch with newer cards?"

yes thats exactly the same thing that happen with my radeon 7000 but i never knew that there was a patch for it

also heres a character editor that i used to make the game easier lolhttp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7176/ff7che.zip

it says (Win95/98 version) so maybe u have to run it under win98 compatibility mode..

have fun

8. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Lol about the character editor! Thank you for all your help ppl!

From Ben:D (y) (y)

9. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Hi all!
    A long time ago i posted about ff7 for the pc. i finally got it! it installs perfectly, no probs there. I insert game disk 1, and a blackscreen comes up, because for some reason it cant play the movies! the only way to bypass it is to press 'enter' and it skips the 1st movie. however when i selct nu game, i cant bypass the new game muvie! plz help me!!!!1 i have latest updates for win media player latest for my gfx card, latest for my sound card, latest 4 evrything! i didnt wait 3 wekks for this to come and now i cant play it..................omg:mad: :mad: :mad:

PLZ HELP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

-Ben:confused:

10. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

im sorry about the last post............. i just had to intall directshow drivers lol........... the only thing wrong now, is with mictimson's patch that he found, it still doenst reconize my gfx card............ i have a radeon.............. maybe some 1 knows a way to get it to reconize it?

ty all!

-Ben :D (y) (y)

11. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

PLZ SOM1!!!!! help plz:confused:

12. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

ppl sry im impatient, but doesnt any1 know????? ive waited like 2 days...............:mad: :confused:

13. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

i searched for about 5 minutes and there is no way to get around either use your onboard card or use the software the game is the same just litte white spoptson screen that what happened to me it doesnt lag either it goes fast!

14. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

hi all!

Thank you for ur support! ive started playin with the software and it werks just fine, so ill make do twith that!:)

thank u!

~Ben:D (y) (y)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!