1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy VIII

Discussion in 'Games' started by PurpleCrow, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow Thread Starter

The other day I was in a charity shop and seen this game it looked in good condition(like New)and I have been after this game for a while so bought it
    Well when I put disk no.1 into my pc(windows XP) it just came up with what was on the disk a few files that my pc cant seem to understand ?
    I looked at the booklet and it said to insert the disk marked "install disk"
    It has 4 disks in the case but none marked install disk ?
    so is it missing a disk or is my pc not able to understand it ?
    any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I would really love to play this
    thanks

2. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow Thread Starter

its ok I found the install disk :)

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Yeah I think that the Install Disk is hidden behind Disc 1. :D

Oh you may need to get an update.

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/ff8/

If your chipset is Nividia, download the FF8SQEANVPATCH.ZIP, for all others, download the other ZIP file. When I installed the game without the update, I had lines in my game. With the patch, the lines disapeared :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!