1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Final Fantasy XI

Discussion in 'Games' started by Auxilium, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Auxilium

Auxilium Thread Starter

Ok i check the recommended system requirements for this game and it seems i should have no problem running this game.

Recommended SystemOperating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP

* CPU: Intel® Pentium®4 processor
    * Memory: 256 MB RAM
    * Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForceFX™ series graphics processing unit (AGP) with 64MB of VRAM
    * Sound Card: DirectX®8.1 compatible sound card
    * Hard Drive Space: 6 GB free hard disk space
    * CD-ROM Speed: 32x CD-ROM drive or faster (required only at installation)
    * Internet Connection: Always-on Internet connection
    * Other: Keyboard with 10-key numeric pad, mouse with scroll wheel

Now what i have on my notebook is..

AMD Turion 64x2 Dual Core 2.0GHz
    1GB System Memory
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 256MB Dedicated.

Those are the only things im worried about, just wanna know if thats good enough for it to run smoothly, and i would just like you guys feedback.

Thank You.

2. bobbydiaz

bobbydiaz

Your system should run it fine, but not on the highest settings. I spent about 2 years of my life playing this game, it was very addictive for awhile. Good Luck with it!

3. McTimson

McTimson

For most modern games and computers, the main thing that holds back a game from running correctly is the video card. The game only requires a 32MB GeForce card, or a Radon 9000 series card. You have a Radeon Xpress 1100, which is a better card than the 9000, so you should be able to run it with no problems.

However, because you have a laptop, you should realize that it wasn't designed for gaming, despite what any advertisements may tell you. It's great that you're checking if the game will work before you buy it, luckily, this game isn't as resource-hungry as others, but if you want to play a brand new game like Crysis, or Bioshock, or something, then you'll have problems.

4. Auxilium

Auxilium Thread Starter

Well im familiar with the game (75sam and 67nin) i just wanted to check with you guys before i get it, can anyone suggest the setting i should apply once i get the game and install it and so forth.

Thanks

5. bobbydiaz

bobbydiaz

It should detect the settings for you. but you can tweak it after. Just tweak it till you it starts lagging then bring it back a little.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    A former Elvaan Winhurstian here... :) Your machine should run fine since you have dedicated video, and not shared.

7. Auxilium

Auxilium Thread Starter

Salute Couriant lol,
    Thanks for your answer guys appreciate it.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    (y) no problem. Just note that there are a few areas that will be laggy. Jueno's Transfer Market areas (shows you how long I have been away... can't remember the name!) is one of them.

9. Auxilium

Auxilium Thread Starter

Yeah, Lower Jueno will lag, but that always lag no matter what cause theres like 300ppl right there lol.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!