Find computer IP address/W10

Limon

Hi.

I need to print from my Samsung A50.

I understand that I should get my computer's IP address into the phone in order to print messages with the Wired HP PSC 1215 Printer.

How do find the IP address, please?.

Thank you.

TerryNet

Terry
The command ipconfig in a Command Prompt will give a Windows PC's IP address.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you confirm what you mean by putting your computer IP into your phone?

Are you trying to print from your phone?

Limon

Yes. Trying to print from my phone, Android, with either Samsung Print Service, or, HP Print Service Plugin.

Thank you.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I just checked out the Samsung Print Service. Didn't know this existed. You'll need to go into settings on your phone. On my S9, go to Connections and then More Connection Settings. Once there, you'll see Printing. Click on that. Make sure it shows as being turned on. Click on this option and not the slider to turn on/off the service. It will automatically search for printers on your LAN. If it can't find it or your printer is on a different subnet (my situation), you can manually add in the printer by IP address or hostname. I was able to enter the IP address for my printer and the service found my printer. Even shows what type of printer and the model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online