find firmware version of SSD BEFORE installing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acerzr2

Is there any way to find the firmware version of an Intel X-25M generation 2 SSD BEFORE installing it into a system? I have 2 160Gb that I intend to put into my new build and would like to know before I do this due to the recent firmware hiccup.

You might contact Intel, give them the serial number and model number, I bet they will know. If it is a retail box drive, it might be on a label somewhere.

acerzr2

Can I plug it into my existing computer to find out the firmware version? What program can I use to do this?

Another way is to open device manager, expand disk drives, right click on your drive, select properties, go to the Details Tab, from the drop down box select "Hardware Ids", it should list the drive model number and firmware revision number. to the right of the model number.

acerzr2

Can I use this software by just plugging the new SSD into my existing computer without screwing anything up?

Can I use this software by just plugging the new SSD into my existing computer without screwing anything up?
No guarantees, I don't know what computer skills you have, but I say yes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online