1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Find My Device ????

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Shorty13, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shorty13

Shorty13 Thread Starter

Ok so I created a Google account on or around 12/23/2018. And no one has my account information. So 3 days ago I fell asleep and someone got into my Google account. And locked me out of my phone thru "Find My Device". They changed the password and the recovery email and the phone number. But they didn't change the backup email that I put on it when I made the account. IDK. Ok so as for my phone I can receive calls and messages (but can't see nothing.) And some other stuff. I just can't see them cause who ever got into my Google account put a number code on my phone. My phone is locked but not Google locked. Cause it don't give me no option to enter a email address. Just the code what ever that may be. All I want is for my phone to function again normally. And I also tried to recover my google account but since they made changes to it. I can't seem to figure it out. Can you help me get my phone to function properly. Please thank you Shorty13

2. suj

suj

Factory Reset your phone. That's really the only way if restarting a bunch of times doesn't work. If you don't want to factory reset your device you will have to contact google to have your account sorted out. Not to judge...however this story seems off...if this account is yours you NEED to contact google to have it recovered, they will send a verification code to your backup email.

Best of Luck!

3. Shorty13

Shorty13 Thread Starter

Thank you. And it is my account I made it....

4. suj

suj

Perfect! Just seemed a bit askew to me but its all sorted! Please recover your account as soon as possible. The longer you wait the smaller your chances of getting it back are. Also, when you do get it back, remember to change EVERYTHING...spare nothing.

Best of Luck!
    Sujat

5. Shorty13

Shorty13 Thread Starter

I must be doing it wrong cause it won't reset. It just restarts over and over. It's volume up and power button right. It a Samsung Galaxy On5.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  7. Shorty13

Shorty13 Thread Starter

I don't get it. I'm not trying to factory reset my phone. Cause I can't even go into my Gmail and back it up .I can't do nothing with my phone but answer it and try to put a number code in every 60 minutes.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Actually if you cannot use your Google account to regain access to the phone or unlock the phone physically then the only option is in fact to factory reset the phone. But even that may not work if it was locked through Find My Phone. I assume you have rebooted the phone? Where did you get this phone and how long have you had it? Are you sure it wasn't a stolen phone? Also have to wonder how they got into your account, did you use a really simple password or a password that you re-used from another site that was compromised? All this sounds very suspicious.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice