1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Find my font

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chrisauk, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisauk

chrisauk Thread Starter

Hi all. After creating a brand new C disk, and moving all my stuff over from the old one, I loaded up a book I had been writing in Libre Office. The typeset was all over the place. I realised that this was caused by missing fonts which were installed onto the old drive. So, I went back to the old drive and copied the whole fonts folder from windows, then installed it onto my new drive. This sorted the problem, but to avoid this in the future I want to put all the relevant book fonts into a small backup folder and kep alongisde the book. I can find three of the four fonts but not the fourth. The font (Sabon) does appear as an option in libre office, so is is obviously on my disk, but it is not in the fonts folder. I've tried a windows search for "sabon" but get nothing. Any ideas where it is, or how to locate it? (I dont know the extension, I only see it as 'Sabon').

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    If installed .... should show in C: Windows > Fonts ????

Attached Files:

3. chrisauk

chrisauk Thread Starter

Yes. I know it should. But it doesn't. It is though, available in all my art and word programmes, so, the question is, where is it, or, how can I find it?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    is it possible it's hidden?

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As noted above by Noyb. If you know the font names, download the original install files and keep those.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I wonder if Sabon is part of Libre and not the windows fonts? I don;t have that font installed on my Windows 10 machine

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Good to know. :) It does look like Times New Roman though... I tend to stick to Arial and Calibri myself :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice