Find old email on my yahoo account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stressed456

Hello.

I am trying to find some old emails from last November in my yahoo account.

I remember what they were concerning and I have typed in the search white box at the top of my yahoo account page.

It only shows a couple of emails around November, I am sure there should be some more.

I have clicked on the Archive heading on the left column and I don't seem to have many emails in my Archive.

Where has Yahoo put all my old emails? Can I retrieve them?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
I would try contacting Yahoo Mail directly and see if they could inform you of any recent changes made to the servers.

Stressed456

Sorry I forgot to add this.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2012 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives: C: 297 GB (248 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K83V0
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

TerryNet

Terry
I merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

If I am wrong about the threads being on the same topic your second one makes no sense.

Stressed456

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I am new to this site. It's all a bit new.

How would I contact Yahoo Mail directly?

Could you explain a bit more, what is a server?
All this computer stuff is so overwhelming to understand for me.

plodr

Liz
Yahoo doesn't remove emails from Archive, as far as I know. I don't use that folder. I create other folders and move my messages to one of those.

Yahoo is only able to recover messages that are 7 days old and newer so anything from November that you can't find is gone.

If an email is important, print it out and save a hard copy.

I forward emails that I want to be sure I have to another one of my email accounts. That way, I have 2 copies on two different servers.

Stressed456

First can I just say, what a very helpful reply. Thank you very much.

I have checked my Archive but there are only a couple of emails, not the ones I wanted from November.

What I don't understand is why Yahoo appears not to keep them. I thought that was the reason they have that as an option. I seem to have only a handful, where are the rest?

I am definitely going to follow your advice in the future, and print them out.

I didn't think I would be able to retrieve the old messages, but I wanted to try if I could as they would have been useful.
At the time I didn't think I would need them, so that's why I didn't print them out or anything.

I still think if Yahoo has an Archive button, they should keep your old emails.

So just to clarify any lost or deleted messages can only be recovered within 7 days?

So mine would come under the lost category? even though I didn't actually lose them lol yahoo did!??!!

Stressed456

I would try contacting Yahoo Mail directly and see if they could inform you of any recent changes made to the servers.
I have tried, but found that actually it appears you cannot contact them directly.

There is no direct contact number.

I just got led to a forum just like this one.

I am getting the idea that they DO NOT want you to contact them directly, which is a real shame.

The best form of communication is to be able to speak to somebody directly, as messages back and forth waste's time and can lead to more confusion.

I am not saying it can't be helpful in some situations, however you should have an option to speak to a human being!!!

I may try leaving a message in their forum, they may have a member of Yahoo staff floating around if I am lucky.

It's a bit of a faff though.

Stressed456

Yes I have already tried.

Like I said you cannot contact them directly.

What do you mean about recent changes made to servers?

Could you explain, I am not very familiar with all this computer jargon??

valis

have you tried this option?

Call Yahoo's customer care phone number at 408-349-5070, or toll-free at 866-562-7219.

Stressed456

What kind of number is this?, it looks strange.

I don't want to be charged for calling. Toll free?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
That number looks perfectly fine to me. Are you in a different country besides USA, because they are USA numbers. Toll Free is basically saying that you wouldn't get charged for calling that number, however, if you are in a different country, I don't know if that rule still applies.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online