1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finder blinks constantly at statup

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by minimustangs, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimustangs

minimustangs Thread Starter

Jul 5, 2009
    Trying to help a neighbour out with his Mac... When he boots up STEAM launches, and as long as i don't close it or log in I can get to system preferences through Apple icon. If I close Steam, Finder constantly blinks and is unresponsive.

I've tried deleting finder plist from single-user mode, but it can\t find the file or path (I think his shortname is wrong-but he doesn't know what else it would be.
  2. allnodcoms

allnodcoms It's My Birthday!

Jun 30, 2007
    STEAM is crashing Finder for some reason. I'd try going into Safe Boot and disable it. I'd then reboot normally, just to make sure it is STEAM and not some other issue. If STEAM is your problem I'd do the usual update check, un-install / re-install stuff and see if this solves the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057837