1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding a drive on new network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Amber85, Oct 30, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Amber85

Amber85 Thread Starter

We switched networks in our office. I cant seem to be able to access the p drive now. It says disconnected network drive. How do I get that back?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How did you define the "p" drive?

3. Amber85

Amber85 Thread Starter

The public drive

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What do you mean by 'switched networks'? More than likely the computer/server that is the "P Drive" may not have the correct IP address.

5. Amber85

Amber85 Thread Starter

Is there a way I can go in and change that so the drive can be accessed from the new network?
    I dont know much about it. The guy that switched our stuff yesterday had a heart attack and I have no idea what to do

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Sounds like who ever set up the new network, did NOT redo all of the "Mapping" of the shared drives?
    You need to contact your IT people.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I am sorry to hear about the technician, but without any information of the network, past and present setup, we cannot assist. If the technician is from a company (and not independent) then the company needs to send someone else to assist.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice