1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding an edited spreadsheet saved from an email

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by deejaysonic, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deejaysonic

deejaysonic Thread Starter

Hello, hope someone can help, I have received a spreadsheet in an email, and have opened it, edited it, saved it (by pressing CTRL + S), but I don't know where it has saved. I know I should have copied it to a folder first before editing/saving.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It's always a good idea to select where you want to save a document instead of just letting it be saved in a default location.

Have you looked inside the DOCUMENTS folder for it?

-----------------------------------------------------

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi deejaysonic, and welcome to TSG.

Does the file show up in the spreadsheet program's list of recently used files and can you open it? If not, it may have been automatically deleted when you closed the email program.

Depending on your email program, it may have saved the file in a temporary folder before calling on the spreadsheet to open it. The spreadsheet program most likely saved the file to the same folder. Depending on your privacy and security settings, the files in the temporary folder may get deleted when the program is closed.

Not sure if any file recovery program would help. Let us know what email program you use and maybe someone here can suggest a recovery program to get back the temporary files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice