1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding and converting my PDF files to microsft word

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by puterjunkie4ever, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puterjunkie4ever

puterjunkie4ever Account Closed Thread Starter

I have used my Lexmark Software to scan a resume and make it a pdf file. It is not in microsoft word. I need to know how to find the pdf file and how to convert it to my microsoft word so that I can edit it. Please help. Thanks

P. S. The pdf file is located in my Lexmark info but I don't know how to get it to microsoft word in order to edit it.

2. puterjunkie4ever

puterjunkie4ever Account Closed Thread Starter

3. valis

valis Moderator

If you remember the name of it, simply search for the name in start > search. Regardless, the lexmark scanner will have a default area that it scans to; you can also check the scanner settings for that area.

As for converting it to a .doc format, there may be some apps out there that will do it for you, but generally you will lose some formatting as .pdf is not designed to be converted to anything else. If this is your resume, I'd assume you already have a .doc format on your pc somewhere?

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

If you have M$ Office ... see Office Tools >> Document Scanning ..
    This will Read (OCR) a scan to Word

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!