Finding Deleted files 2 years old

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Travioli

My computer is currently being upgraded to Windows XP at work and I had soem file son there back in 2005 that I deleted. These were personal files. Will the techs uncover these files while they upload all my current material on my compyuter now to the server only to bring it back down from the server on a new harddrive containing XP. If so what can I do to prevent these files from being seen? Like I said it has been almost two years since i had these files on my computer and have long been gone. I know that some files can be recovered but does this take a lotof time? ALso I store tons of info on my computer so is it likely that...the old material was written over?

Thanks,

If you deleted them, and emptied the recycle bin, it is doubful they will find them.
They would have to be deliberately looking for, and trying to recover, deleted files.
When upgrading the OS, that is not usually done.
(y)

get the old hard drive in your personl possesion, and not really only if the forensic people get a hold of it which I doubt they are the only ones who can do that. Otherwise the average person would have a hard time if this is a work computer they can have it sent in to be read but never NEVER NEVER put personal file online they never go away! But if you can get the old hardrive before they install the new one you have your information just keep the hard drive out of sight LOL LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online