1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding DSL Modem Setup Screen

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Aeoon, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeoon

Aeoon Thread Starter

I have a small home network, which until now has been set up via a Verizon DSL modem/router. Today I added an ASUS wirless router to the network, and that is working just fine. However, I did not think to shut off wireless service from the modem before I switched over. However, now I can't seem to find the IP necessary to access the modem's setup screens. Whereas before I logged in at 192.168.1.1, I get nothing there now. The new router is at 192.168.2.1 and I have not be able to puzzle out any IP that gets me access to the modem settings. Is there way to find that screen, without totally redoing the setup process?

Thanks

Ken

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the modem/router's LAN address was 192.168.1.1 and you made no changes to it the address is still 192.168.1.1. What, if any, changes did you make to it?

3. Aeoon

Aeoon Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I didn't make any changes to the modem, other than plugging the router into the uplink port. Anyway, I ended up simply plugging my computer back into the modem, switching the modem into bridge mode, and then setting up the new router again. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice