1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding out my mobo model#

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by max 8, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. max 8

max 8 Thread Starter

Hi. I have a Gateway 200mhz Pentium mmx desktop system that I would like to transfer to a mini tower case.
    I need to find some wort of manual or mobo diagram so I don't mess up putting it back together.
    Where can I find the model # and where can I go for the info I need.
    Gateway said they would send me the manual/diagram but I haven't received anything from them and it's been over a month now.
    Thanks.

2. rugrat

rugrat

http://www.gateway.com/support/default.asp

Have you gone here an entered your serial number? It should give you detailed specs including the MB model. Once you have that finding a diagram should not be very hard. Post back and let us know.

SeeYa

3. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
  4. max 8

max 8 Thread Starter

Hi Rugrat. It only says that is a P55c-200 Pentium Mobo and
    Processor. It doesn't say what brand it is.
    Can you help me what with this?
    Thanks.

5. rugrat

rugrat

http://www.gateway.com/support/techdocs/references/motherboard/destindex.shtml

As per sdp's post, do you know your bios string? It usually shows up on the black screen while your system is first booting. You might have to hit the escape key to get rid of the Gateway splash screen. The above link will show you the last few letters of the bios string and one should match your board. This link also lists the MB part numbers, if you can find it on the board itself, post that back.

Let us know

6. max 8

max 8 Thread Starter

I emailed Gateway tech support and they told me that my mobo
    is a Jabil 586 200MHX PCI Motherboard w/ MMX and Integrated
    Video.
    Can you point me to a site where I can get it's diagram?

7. rugrat

rugrat

If you know your BIOS, use this chart:

Pentium systems
    CN0T
    CS1T
    CY1T
    DQ0T U or DQ0T
    DT0T
    0AAES
    4A4LL0X0
    4M4PB0X1

Max 8, without either a part number or the end of your bios string (Gateway examples for pentium are above) It is impossible to be sure we are giving you the correct info. Once you provide one or the other it's a piece of cake.

Post back and let us know

PS. if you hit the pause/break key while booting it will stop and allow you to read the on screen info, hit escape to resume booting.

8. rugrat

rugrat

From Gateway

If you're unsure as to which BIOS you need, you can find out by restarting your system. On restart, the BIOS information will be displayed almost immediately.

Your screen will display a phrase like "PhoenixBIOS" or "AMI BIOS," followed by a copyright date. There is also a series of letters and numbers. These letters and numbers indicate the BIOS version you have on your system.

Write down the BIOS version information. You will know that you have the proper BIOS update if the first series of numbers (or, in some cases, the last series of numbers) matches what you have written down.

It is important that you have the correct file for updating your BIOS. If your Gateway computer is updated with the incorrect BIOS, it may render the computer unusable.

9. max 8

max 8 Thread Starter

I know it's phoenix bios.
    I only wanted to know where to find it's diagram for the connections. I'm not upgrading or changing my bios.

10. Monk_

Monk_

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice