Finding outlook 2000 data after a windows reinstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

luminous

I recently had to reinstall Windows 2000 after running into a error stop screen indicating an inability to load the hive (file)
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SYSTEM or its log or alternate.

The good news was that very little data was lost after the reinstall. It was just a matter of reconfiguring my OS from scratch and reinstalling programs. What I did lose during this process was all my contacts and email that resided in MS Outlook 2000.

Question is then: is there a place where I could still find this data on my system? I've been told that to look for .mbx or .wab files. Where do these exist? Which path?

Any help is appreciated.

Jamie
Edmonton, Canada

On my PC, the .wab file is found under
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

Gram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online