1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding Outlook 2003 data file in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by CFBradford, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CFBradford

CFBradford Thread Starter

I am setting up a new computer and want to move my outlook data to the new machine. I can not find the file, even with show hidden files checked. Search shows no .pst files. Any ideas? Thanks, Carol

2. Parkman

Parkman

you need to do an advanced search with all hidden subdirectories checked to find the file you are looking for

3. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Start here. If you can't see AppData, you have it hidden. C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook. (Note that {username} is your user name.)

Courtney

4. marniemark

marniemark

:rolleyes:We have Vista and MSOffice 2002. When my husband is on Craigslist and tries to Reply to a listing he gets a message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. File access is denied. You do not have the premission required to access the file C:\Users\Marcy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. I can Reply fine from my account. I'm guessing I must have him "locked out" somehow. How do I fix this so he can reply without getting this message?:confused:

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Do you each have a Vista user account and are sharing the same email account?

6. marniemark

marniemark

Thanks for replying Dave. No we both have our own "account" in Vista. I was the one that installed MSOffice from my account. Does that have something to do with it? Have I locked him out somehow?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice