1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

finding the name of sub folders in ms access using VBA

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Charmian, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Charmian

Charmian Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I use VBA to do all sorts of useful things inside my MS Access system. Currently, I have been asked to monitor and report on the use of electronic meetings within in the official committee structures. What I have is:
    1. the path to the folder - the naming convention is Electronic meetings
    2. the name of the outcome - that's what I must count - it is always in a .msg file with outcome as part of the name.
    BUT what I don't have, is the name of the Electronic meeting sub folder. There is no naming convention with these. I want to look for and count all the *outcome*.msg files within in the Electronic meetings folder. But when it contains 3 sub folders inside the Electronic meetings folder, and the *outcome*.msg file is inside those, I don't know how to find the names of the sub folders to be able to use the Dir(foldername & "\*outcome*.msg") to count the outcomes.
    So, to re-cap my question; How do I get the name of sub folders in a folder? (we don't have a GetFolders command in VBA, do we?)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice