1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Finding the right PC Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lewcurse, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lewcurse

lewcurse Thread Starter

Hi guys I am wanting to transfer my current hardware into a new case as all my USB's are broken and I want a fresh case. I Don't know much about putting PC's together so I was wondering what size case I would need and i'd like to get new fans with my new case to ensure everything is working well. What else will I need to purchase for the interior of the case excluding hardware like GPU, CPU. These are my current specs. TIA

Attached Files:

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    First and foremost, you simply need a case which will hold your hardware. The primary consideration here is the motherboard size (or video cards if you have larger gaming type cards). You will need the motherboard brand and model to get the specs. Aside from that, it's simply a matter of personal preference. For the most past, any mid-size case or larger will hold most hardware.

This is assuming that this is a home built PC. If it's an OEM PC (ie: Dell, HP, etc.), it could end up being a huge effort to change cases.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A 970 is a pretty big card so you are going to need a case with some room. Selecting a case is a VERY subjective endeavor; what I like you may not like. Personally I do not like "showy" type cases with lights, windows, etc however you may be the opposite. I use a LOT of coolermaster cases in builds I do for people. Here is an example of a basic type case although this one does have a window. It comes with three fans;
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119352

I checked the specs you posted and it seems that you have a standard asus motherboard. If by chance this is a big box system ie dell, hp, etc, do understand that transferring something like that to a standard case is [at best] a LOT of work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice