Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fine line forms all around my Word copy

999 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  imawriter 
#1 ·
I have written several pages about a subject in Word and saved those pages in My Documents. When I go back to My Documents and try to insert some corrections or additions in the copy and click on the space where I want to insert them, suddenly there appears a fine line around my entire page, like the one where you create a message on this site.

If I click on a corner of it, hoping to delete it, the copy just skips to the next page, and I seem to have lost the page I just tried to correct. I have also tried pasting it again in Word and working with that copy, and the same thing happens.

I have written a lot in Word and I don't remember this ever happening before. How can I get rid of this box and be able to insert corrections?

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I just printed page 1 and the line border does not show up there.Fortunately I still have my backup copy on my external hard drive, because when I clicked on the corner of the one that had the problem, to try to get rid of the line, I lost page 1 and page 2 suddenly had the number 1 at the top. Also, the lined border appears immediately when I type just one letter of a correction.

#10 ·
I clicked on almost all of them...any that sounded even remotely connected, like Outlining, Tables and Borders, Drawing, Formatting and many others under View. etc. under Toolbars.

Then I gave up and just finished retyping the whole thing.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.