1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fingerprint reader not working

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dfriend846, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfriend846

dfriend846 Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo W530 with fingerprint reader. In the past it would both turn the computer on then log on and wake the computer from standby or sleep. About 4 weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Creator and the fingerprint reader will now wake my computer from sleep but requires the Windows password to be typed in. When turning the computer on the reader still works. Has anyone heard of this and a solution?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!