1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fingerprint Reader Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ArtIsABlast, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtIsABlast

ArtIsABlast Thread Starter

My fingerprint reader randomly stopped working a few days ago. I first noticed it when trying to log on to my computer because the reader doesn't respond at all and now it doesn't even give me the fingerprint reader option when it comes to the welcome screen.

Thanks in advance for this help, please let me know anything you need informationwise.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    The only thing i can think of is uninstall then reinstall the driver for it and see if it works again. i have two ibm thinkpad laptops with that feature and i dont even use them because to me personally they are a nuisance and after one went haywire and locked me out of the computer i said i dont need this headache anymore.i had to take the hard drive out remove the driver for that and reinstall the hard drive. no more problems after that.

3. altjx

altjx

Agreed with above. Sometimes, windows updates will update drivers and cause more problems than it fixes. So if you knowingly updated the driver, I'd either roll back the driver from Device Manager or like he said above, just uninstall it and reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!