1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fire Fox Clearing Address Bar!!....WHY?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by seespotrun, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seespotrun

seespotrun Thread Starter

Has anyone ever noticed their Fire Fox automatically clears out their address bar every once in a while?

Why is that?.....I looked through every possible setting to my knowledge and I can't see where it's clearing the address bars at the top of the browser....it's ANNOYING as hell to me....since I kind of use those as a secondary bookmark for recent sites I visited

Anyone have any ideas how, why or how to fix this so that my Fire Fox does NOT automatically clear these unless I say so?

Any third party programs known to cause this issue?..etc..etc....any help would be appreciated!!!

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Howdy seespotrun! :)

Now, whats happening here is that firfox is auto clear history. There should be a setting that enables you to maximize the amount of days before firefox clears history.

3. Kitch

Kitch

Tools->Options->Privacy->History

Set the number of days you wish to keep browsing history.

Also check under the Settings button that 'Clear private data when Firefox is closed' isn't selected,
    or configure the settings as you'd like.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice