fire wall protection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cmed

Can some one give me a web site that has a free download firewall protection? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

You could also try any of the Norton Internet Security or even MC Afee Firewall.

You could try Oupost Firewall, it's quite good and many think it's even better than ZoneAlarm....
sebastian pons

cmed

I located the zone alarm web site---They list two free firewalls--
Discover & Destroy and/or search & scan--
Any suggestions as to which I should download or maybe both of them---Please advise--Thanks as usual

I just got into this site (very nicely done) and I downloaded a new firewall to try. I've used ZA for years but....

http://www.wilders.org/index_m.htm

The site has a review of free and pay firewalls and a free one I'm very interested in (I'm installing this weekend to test) is Kerio Personal Firewall (Free).

The sites worth a look if nothing else because it has all the security info you'll need for most home set ups.

EDIT: PS I forgot to add, there is only one free edition of ZA. The 2 features you mentioned are in the paid edition. It depends on your needs but the free edition is about all the average home user needs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online