1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox 1.5.0.6 update killed my surfing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Yonce, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yonce

Yonce Thread Starter

Did anyone else have this problem? The automatic update to 1.5.0.6 rendered my firefox inoperable. I can't access any websites on it at all I have to use IE. Everything is fine otherwise. IE has no problem w/ any sites.

Any suggestions here would be appreciated. I can't find any previous version of Firefox to download, if anyone can post the download to a previous version for Windows XP that may answer some questions.

Turning off automatic updates from now on, on my Firefox.

Thank you in advance.
    YONCE

2. Miz

Miz

If reinstalling version 1.5.0.6 doesn't fix things, you can get older versions of Firefox from Oldversion.com.

3. Yonce

Yonce Thread Starter

I did already try reinstalling the new version before posting, I'll try an older version, thank you for the link (very much)

Yonce

4. BillC

BillC

By chance are you using a firewall other than XP?

5. Yonce

Yonce Thread Starter

Yes Norton personal firewall is enabled. That is the problem, the settins said Firefox had full access but I had to reset it for it to work. All is well. Thank you for the help.

YONCE

6. soniq

soniq

yeah im having problem with the new one too, i can surf but my bookmarks and my extensions were gone, i enabled my adblock (after it was gone) and the adblock no longer works

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice