1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox 3 history recovery

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dupcia, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dupcia

dupcia Thread Starter

Hello
    So i found this topic http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/946729-recovering-deleted-firefox-history.html but because it was closed i couldnt ask there, can i use windows back up to create a system image ? Or only programs like Winhex will make a image disc that is gonna work with ffshr
    also when i go to cmd and type file directory for ff3hr and then ff3hr -i ... i get error message
    that ff3hr isnt recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/946729-recovering-deleted-firefox-history.html

2. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Given the problems the poster from that thread had, I don't see why you would want to use ff3hr at all but it sounds to me like you didn't install it. In Computer/Windows Explorer open the folder in which ff3hr should be installed. Is it there? Is what's there an executable file, or is it maybe still a zipped archive?

As for the system image, that depends on what type of image you want. Many backup programs (including Windows 7 Backup) will make images, but they ignore areas of the hard disk that purportedly contain no data. Forensic imaging programs copy those areas too-and that's what it sounds like Winhex is. (I'm not familiar with that program though, so I could be wrong.)

3. dupcia

dupcia Thread Starter

Hi well i want to use ff3hr to get back deleted history, and i extracted it so its not zipped anymore, and as far as i know you dont install it you just open it with cmd, right ? Does it matter in which location i extracted it ? Or it has to be in the same folder as the image of the disk that i made ?

Well i will try first with the image i made using windows backup if its not gonna work i will try using winhex. Thank you for help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice