1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox 67.0.2 x64 for Win 10; Need more lines of bookmarks

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Weaselboy, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Weaselboy

Weaselboy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Zacharie
    So I've been a user of Firefox for quite some time but never had this problem before; The Bookmarks toolbar keeps my website links where I want them, and they function just fine. But I have enough such links that I have to shovel some of them off in the "overflow" section to the right of my monitor/screen margin. Is there no way for a non-programmer such as myself to increase the size of the Bookmarks toolbar to allow for 2 or perhaps 3 lines of such links? It used to be possible just by dragging a link over, positioning it under another link, and dropping it there, but that no longer seems to be effective.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You should be able to drag stuff around to change it. I can't test, as I stopped using FF several months ago (after years and years of support). It may be locked by default and the last that I checked, you could enter the bookmark editing mode to make any changes that you wanted.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Apparently someone has coded something to add to userChrome.css

directions here:
    https://www.e2app.com/memories/how-to-get-multirow-bookmarks-back-in-firefox-57-and-newer/

you find the userChrome.css file, if you created one at
    C:\Users\your username on that computer\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\ the default profile\chrome

and yes, you almost have to be a programmer to gain back some of the options removed when FF stopped using xpi addons.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice