1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox and online games

Discussion in 'Games' started by dawgoner, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawgoner

dawgoner Thread Starter

A question for you Mozilla FireFox users..........hope you can help me.......:)

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this dilemma. I just downloaded and started using Mozilla FireFox and love it, except for one thing, it doesn't let us play the games we like to play online, like chess, pool and dominoes. I can play all of the other games on the same site with FireFox, but not those mentioned. On the other hand when I use Windows Explorer I don't have this problem. :confused:

I have downloaded Sun Java, Flashplayer 7 and Shockwave, but still the games don't load. I get as far as choosing a table, but that is it.

Am I missing something here? Is there something else I should download?

Thank you!!

Win. XP professional Version 2002 -- Service Pach 1
    Pentium 4 CPU 2.66 GHz
    512 MB of RAM

P.S.
    I do have Zone Alarm, and when I checked it I didn't see any blocking for any of the game sites I visited.

2. dawgoner

dawgoner Thread Starter

Never mind.....I found the problem....and fixed it...(y)

All I had to do was click on "Tools" and uncheck the "Block pop-up windows"

Just in case someone else has the same problem, now you know.... ;)

3. dmneoblade

dmneoblade

better solution: choose "allow popups from:" and type in that specific page. popup blocking rules.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!